Face serums are loaded with nutrients, ceramides, natural ingredients, glycerin and vitamins like A, C, K. They are oil or water-based products that have the ability to penetrate deep within the layers of the skin that can produce amazing results. Unlike other skin products, serums have a higher concentration of ingredients which provides the right amount of supplements for your skin.
A powerful source of vitamin A proven for youth-enhancing results. “Retinol signals your body to produce collagen and new cells for firmer and smoother skin while also reducing hyperpigmentation and clogged pores,” says New York City dermatologist Anne Chapas of its multitasking capabilities.
Although it is a popular ingredient, it has also a tendency to become unstable and ineffective. Sometimes it can cause dryness and irritation, especially in the winter season when there is a lack of oxygen and light.
Products containing retinol include:
- Vichy Reti-C Intensive Corrective Care
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Intensives with retinol and antioxidants
- Clinique Zero Gravity Repairwear Lift with retinol, antioxidants, and peptides
- L’Oreal Advanced RevitaLift Double Lifting Gel
- RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Serum
Peptides are small proteins that stimulate the production of collagen. According to studies, it produces a mild, Botox-like effect, that keeps facial muscles from forming wrinkles. Peptides applied topically to the skin can prompt the formation of new collagen, resulting in a youthful and supple skin.
Products containing the newest versions of that peptide technology include:
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream with amino peptide complex
- Lumene Premium Beauty Rejuvenating Instant Serum
- Avon Anew Clinical Eye Lift
- Osmotics Blue Copper 5 Face Lifting Serum
- Emerge Bio-Peptide Night Repair Cream with 10% peptides
Vitamin C and Hyluronic Acid
While there are many serums that target specific skin problems such as hyperpigmentation, oily skin, redness, etc, there are also available serums intended for overall improvement of appearance and skin health. Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid is included in this category.
Vit-C serums are used for the improvement of overall appearance and skin texture. The vitamin is designed for skin to repair and rejuvenate easily resulting in a more youthful and brighter skin. Products utilize vitamin C for improvement in collagen production to speed up the repairing of skin, and infusing skin nutrients to combat the damages caused by sun exposure and aging. You can check out top-rated vitamin C serums at http://aquilah.com/vitamin-c-serums-for-face/.
Hyaluronic acid is another popular ingredient among the serums. A naturally occurring substance in the human body that promotes cell renewal, smoothens the skin and maintains elasticity. The acid particularly functions as an anti-aging ingredient by retaining the moisture of the skin. It will improve the firmness of the skin, as well as reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Serums containing both Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid:
- One Life Vest’s
- Oz Naturals hyaluronic acid and vit-c serum
- Poppy Austin® Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid and Organic Jojoba Oil
- NuFACE LIFTER Vitamin C & Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Nature’s Way Hydraplenish Hyaluronic Acid Serum Plus Vitamin C
Although reviews are different, keep in mind that upkeep is important in applying serums. Once you stop using, results will definitely vary.