1. Do Compound Movements- Instead of doing mainly isolating exercises, you should do compound movements, which includes exercises such as squats, pull-ups, bench presses and dead-lifts. Isolation movements include barbell curls and leg curls, which only target a single muscle, while compound movements target multiple muscles. Compound lifts are great to do if you are looking to gain more size and if you are looking to target more than one muscle group.
2. Increase The Weight- In order to progress in bodybuilding, you need to lift more weight as time goes on, and if you’re eating right and exercising regularly, then you should be able to lift more each month month. If you cannot, then you may have hit a plateau, and if that’s the case, then it may be a good idea to change up your workout routine. You might also want to add some muscle bulking supplements to your regime, and change your diet.
3. Smashing Through A Plateau- As previously mentioned, it can be hard to get passed a plateau, and it can get annoying when you see no results. If you don’t see any improvement after training for weeks or months on end, then it may be time to mix things up. This means you should consider changing over to different supplements, doing different exercises, resting less or even more things of that nature. Everyone is different so its a matter of experimenting to see what works for you.
4. Rest- Sure, you might be tempted to hit the gym every single day, but your body needs rest and the truth is that just because you hit the gym daily, doesn’t mean you will build muscle quicker, and muscles don’t grow in the gym. Recovery is important, and this means you want to get plenty of rest, as this is when your body recovers from working out, and you might want consider taking a day off in between workouts or even two days in a row before you go back to the gym to hit the weights. Make sure you get plenty of sleep too, but the amount of sleep you need to get depends on a number of factors, but ideally you should try to aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
5. The Diet- You want to optimize the diet you are on, because if you eat poorly, then good luck getting results, so make sure you optimize your diet by adding an extra gram of protein per pound of body weight. There are plenty of protein sources out there, such as lean red meat, fish, egg whites and whey protein supplements to name just a few sources of protein. Amino acids should also be consumed, and you will want to get plenty of protein before and after your workouts because you don’t want to lose any muscle mass.
Those bodybuilding tips should help you out and you can start implementing those tips as soon as possible. The above advice may not be for everyone though. With that said, you should test out the above tips and then tweak them if need be. If you follow the above tips and make any adjustments, then you could end up getting some great results as time goes on.